I have worked in parks management in local government in Australia for over 17 years, mainly in leadership roles. I am passionate about parks and the natural environment, and my aim is to connect and collaborate with others in order to support sustainable and functional open space for our communities to enjoy.
You can contact me for help with
- Reserve and park management planning
- Project management
- Asset management
- Service delivery and operational reviews
- Biodiversity and Natural Resource Management (NRM) planning
- Community engagement
I view problems through a strategic lens with a positive outlook, and am focused on strong communication and building partnerships. My previous roles have been in open space management, covering areas such as arboriculture, horticulture, playgrounds, and bushland management. I have experience in contract management, parks maintenance, parks capital works, strategic reviews, and the development of a number of plans and strategies including biodiversity management and urban tree strategies, and many park management plans, and planting plans. I have also led a number of collaborative projects, including large NRM grant projects. In my personal time, I enjoy camping, bush walking, mountain biking, and generally spending time in nature! I also enjoy following the tennis.
- Masters of Social Science (Environment and Planning) with Distinction, RMIT University
- Bachelor of Science (Biological) with Honours, La Trobe University
- Postgraduate Diploma of Education (Secondary), RMIT University
Xyst in action
I will be supporting projects in Australia, mainly in Victoria. My aim is to assist others find solutions to problems, in order to get the most benefit from our parks and landscapes.